Tuesday 10 February 2015

A Love Story...

He is not handsome
Not the type I give my number to anyway,
And nothing is soo eyecatching about him
Maybe his smile, it has a little potential...
Or his smile.... His really cute smile
The light it brings to his eyes...
Then I think that maybe its his charm
The pure boyish charm that he wears with pride,
That same charm I fall for everytime,
Again and again, though not with him...
Or mAybe its his voice?
His jacket?
His confidence?
So yes, not the type I look at twice, that's a waste of sight...
Then he laughs
And cocks his head to me
Looking straight into my eyes heavy with alcohol from yesterday, today and last week,
I feel like he is reading my mind
I would lower my eyes but then he has me entranced, locked...
On his eyes, on him
I laugh when he looks away,
He laughs and for a moment Im lost in his laughter
But still he is not the type I look at twice or give my number to anyway....
What's better than a laugh at the end of a long night of heavy drinking to keep the hangover at bay, right?
So I laugh along
Until my bestfriend disappears with his bestfriend
And she is too busy to tell him her number, the one he was to take for his friend coz his phone is off and my phone is off and i just can't remember whether the last three numbers of her phone are 768 or 678 so then he asks me to give him mine so i can send him her number when my head clears....
My first thought is no.
But then my bestfriend likes his friend and I owe her this one little favour
And I have nothing to lose
So I laugh as I tap out my number
Eager to get home
Eager for my bed
Eager to put my heavy head down
It was nice meeting you, he says
I smile and hurry to the cab
Eager to get away from him
From that smile
From that charm
And as my head hits my pillow and my thoughts turn in for afew hours of sleep,
I don't think about him
Coz he is not the type of guy I look at twice or give my number to....
I wake up to the ringing of a phone
Annoyed to be woken up so quickly
But then its evident the sun is out
An afternoon sun
And a strange number flashes on my phone
Im blank as I answer it
The voice unfamiliar
Sleep on my mind
Wait, I know the name
I smile
He called
Even though he is not the type of guy I look at twice or give my number to.
He wants to have coffee sometime
Maybe dinner
Tonight? No Im still hungover...
Tomorrow?
Maybe | yes
Yes I say
It's a date. He says
I smile.
Our first date
Yet,
He is still not the type of guy I look at twice or give my number to.

Quote: Let nothing come between you and your hearts desires. Because what the heart wants,it gets.

Walk Away | The Script.

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment