Friday 18 July 2014

Day 2: Letter To Your Ex.

Dear AC,

I think this is me explaining why I walked out of the relationship we had.
I know you have questions and all to ask and say to me so let me talk and say why.
We knew each other way back in primary school and we were actually good friends. That must be what led to us getting together once we met years later. At that time you had a girlfriend which ddnt keep you from pursuing me.
So reason one why I ddnt wait for it to work out is that you would still have cheated me. I cant prove that but its hard for old habits to die. I wasnt ready to be with someone who would go sleeping around. Not safe for me at all.

Reason two is that I value me and the idea of having to take morning after pills everyother time We had sex just coz you didnt like condoms didnt go well with me. There are risks of not just pregnancy but diseases too. I chose to protect myself. For me, it all goes down  to respect. You had none for me.

Reason three is that much as I tried to fall in love, it didnt happen. I tried but the cons outweighed the pros so I quit.

Reason four you are skinny & Without any sense of fashion. I didnt like it that you didnt even try putting any effort in what you wore. Dress your body. Not an overweight persons body.

Reason five... You were offered a scholarship for masters, everything paid and you turned it down. Reason, your degree is enough, youd rather stay home than advance in your studies. I value education. Alot and I plan to go on with it until i die. I want to be a scholar and someone who would understand my reasons for that is what I want.

Reason six.. You kept putting me down. Everything for you was an excuse to bring me down. I will never entertain anyone who will thrive on making me feel bad about myself. Im no ones punching bag.

Those are the main reasons why I couldnt stand being around you. Your values and mine contradict so much that I just wasnt happy. And I wasnt prepared to sacrifice evrything for you. The reasons might be lame to you but those are it for me.
I hope you find someone whose patience will be much. I have too little patience. Im sorry I hurt your feelings but life is too short to be in a relationship which doesnt feel right.
Goodbye A.

Quote: Life is too short to be miserable.

Bang Bang | Nancy Sinatra.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment